THE 2021 GJAC MEDIA AWARD WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT
Welcome to the 2021 GJAC Media Awards for work published in 2020. On this page you will find general information about the awards, including the categories, how to enter, contacts, prize information and ceremony information. We are still, of course, operating under a pandemic, so it’s important to bear in mind that much of this material is subject to change. If at any time you have any questions on any aspect of the GJAC awards, please contact Curtis Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FEATURES: Any print story in a professionally published outlet. There is no minimum or maximum length.
- TRAVEL: Any story in which travel is the central focus.
- COLUMN: Any shorter article written by an individual which is primarily opinion-based. An entry in this category should be part of an ongoing column.
- PROFILE: Any story that has a person or persons as the primary subject.
- PHOTO ACTION: Any photograph that centres on golf action.
- PHOTO LANDSCAPE: Any photograph that centres on places in golf, though it may also contain action or people.
- MULTIMEDIA: Any work that falls into standard multimedia productions, such as podcasts, video segments or other visual or aural media.
Please Note: Golf must be represented in the materials submitted, but that does not preclude someone from entering work that has a golf “angle,” but which is not necessarily a golf audience piece. For example, a fashion writer may submit an article on golf clothing. Or an environmental writer may submit work on golf and the environment. Creators are free to contact Curtis Gillespie at email@example.com with any questions in this regard, or with any other question around the awards in general.
- Only GJAC members are eligible to enter.
- Only new work released in 2020 is eligible. Stories published in crossover editions (a “winter” edition, for instance, that spans December and January) are eligible for the December year or the January year (your choice) but can only be entered in one of those years.
- Stories that have been produced and/or published in one medium are not eligible for entry in a different medium (in other words, a podcast that is first run on a magazine’s website which is then repurposed for the print edition will not be eligible).
- If there are any questions concerning eligibility not answered here, please contact Curtis Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final decisions on eligibility will be made by the GJAC Awards Committee.
How To Enter
- All entries must be sent to Curtis Gillespie at email@example.com
- In the email subject line please use this format: GJAC Media Awards, Creator’s Last Name, Category.
- A creator may submit as many entries as they want.
- Magazines are free to make submissions on behalf of creators but should notify the creator to avoid double entries.
- No story can be entered in more than two categories.
- Each story must be submitted individually.
- Each submission must contain a pdf or other suitable digital file or link for multimedia submissions. No paper or hard copy entries will be accepted.
- Each submission must include the author’s name, address and contact information.
- GJAC is not responsible for submissions that are entered incorrectly, though we will do our best to alert the creator if an issue is detected (such as, for instance, a Profile being submitted in the Travel category).
- Your entry will be acknowledged as received by GJAC, but GJAC is not responsible for entries that are not received. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure your submission was received if you have not had acknowledgement of receipt after a reasonable period.
May 31, 2021 – This is the deadline for submissions to the GJAC Media Awards. No late entries will be accepted.
Ceremony and Prize Information
The GJAC Media Awards are often presented at the annual GJAC golf day event, which has usually been held in southern Ontario during the early summer. However, the pandemic has affected planning for this event. The awards this year will be presented via a digital event or social media release in early July. Entrants will be notified of the precise date by email, but you can also stay updated through visiting the GJAC website at www.gjac.ca. Prizes vary from year to year, depending on sponsors and entry numbers, but in years past the prizes have alternated between cash prizes and golf hardware prizes. A certificate will also be presented to the winner of each category, as well for second and third place. Prizes for second and third place winners are dependent upon availability. Prizes and certificates will be mailed to the winners unless they indicate they plan to attend the annual GJAC golf day, in which case they will receive their prize and certificate at the event.
Curtis Gillespie: firstname.lastname@example.org