Submissions Are Now Closed
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Welcome to the GJAC Media Awards for work published in 2021. On this page you will find general information about the awards, including the categories, how to enter, contacts, and ceremony and prize information. We are still, of course, operating under a pandemic, so it’s important to bear in mind that this material may be subject to change. If at any time you have any questions about the GJAC awards, please contact Curtis Gillespie at email@example.com.
FEATURES: Any print story in a professionally published outlet. There is no minimum or maximum length.
TRAVEL: Any story in which travel is the central focus.
COLUMN: Any shorter article written by an individual which is primarily opinion-based. An entry in this category should be part of an ongoing column.
PROFILE: Any story that has a person or persons as the primary subject.
PHOTO ACTION: Any photograph that centres on golf action.
PHOTO LANDSCAPE: Any photograph that centres on places in golf, though it may also contain action or people.
MULTIMEDIA: Any work that falls into standard multimedia production definitions, such as podcasts, video segments or other visual or aural media.
Please Note: Golf must be represented in the materials submitted, but that does not preclude someone from entering work that has a golf “angle,” but which is not necessarily a golf audience piece. For example, a fashion writer may submit an article on golf clothing. Or an environmental writer may submit work on golf and the environment. Creators are free to contact Curtis Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions in this regard, or with any other question around the awards in general.
- Only active GJAC members are eligible to enter. Those whose memberships have lapsed will have their entries returned. GJAC is not responsible for ensuring members are current.
- Only new work released in 2021 is eligible. Stories published in crossover editions (a “winter” edition, for instance, that spans December and January) are eligible for the December year or the January year (your choice) but can only be entered in one of those years.
- Stories that have been produced and/or published in one medium are not eligible for entry in a different medium (in other words, a podcast that is first run on a magazine’s website which is then repurposed for the print edition will not be eligible).
- If there are any questions concerning eligibility not answered here, please contact Curtis Gillespie at email@example.com.
- Final decisions on eligibility will be made by the GJAC Awards Committee.
How To Enter
- All entries must be sent to Curtis Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email subject line PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT: GJAC Media Awards, Creator’s Last Name, Category, Title of Entry.
- A creator may submit as many entries as they want, but each entry must be submitted in a separate email.
- An entry can be submitted in ONE category only.
- Magazines are free to make submissions on behalf of creators but should notify the creator so to avoid double entries.
- Each submission must contain:
- A pdf, jpeg, or other suitable digital file or link for multimedia submissions. No paper or hard copy entries will be accepted.
- Please ensure the entry attachment is titled and is not simply a URL, an untitled PDF, or an untitled JPEG. Please ensure the attachment title matches the title on the subject line of the submission email.
- The author’s name, address and contact information. Please specify a pronoun preference. If no pronoun preference is indicated, he/she will used.
- Which publication the entry appeared in and in what issue.
- GJAC is not responsible for submissions that are entered incorrectly, though we will do our best to alert the creator if a problem is detected (such as, for instance, a Profile being submitted in the Travel category).
- Each entry will be acknowledged as received by GJAC, but GJAC is not responsible for entries that are not received. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure your submission was received if you have not had acknowledgement of receipt after a reasonable period.
- Any entry that is incorrectly submitted may be excluded from the Awards.
March 31, 2022 – The deadline for submissions to the GJAC Media Awards. No late entries will be accepted.
April 30, 2022 – Judging will conclude.
May 2022 – An online ceremony will be held to announce the winners of the GJAC Media Awards. The final date will be announced once the judging has concluded.
Ceremony and Prize Information
The awards will be presented via a digital event and/or a social media release in May. Entrants will be notified of the precise date by email and social media, but you can also stay updated at www.gjac.ca. Prizes vary from year to year, depending on sponsors and entry numbers, but in years past the prizes have alternated between cash prizes and golf hardware prizes. Prizes for second and third place winners are dependent upon availability. Prizes will be mailed to the winners unless they indicate they plan to attend the annual GJAC golf day later in the year, in which case they can choose to receive their prize at the event.
Curtis Gillespie: email@example.com