There are two (2) categories of membership in GJAC: Regular and Associate.
Please read carefully to see where you may fit. New members must fill out the New Members Form (see below).
Regular membership in the Association will be open to:
- People in the Canadian media whose primary function is to report or write about golf;
- People working in TV, radio and electronic media who regularly cover golf as a substantial part of their job.
Regular Members must devote a significant part of their time and derive a significant part of their income from activities in one of the following categories:
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for an international, national, regional or local golf magazine, golf journal or golf newspaper published at least four times per year;
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for a website devoted exclusively to golf;
- Golf Columnist, Feature Golf Writer or Golf Reporter for a daily newspaper;
- Freelance golf writer;
- Host or co-host of a golf show on TV, internet or radio that is broadcast regularly (ie. weekly during the golf season)
The annual membership fee for a Regular Member is $50.
Associate membership in the Association shall be open to: People who work part time or full time as press officers or in public relations or media relations for Golf Associations, golf tours or golf tournaments; People who work as press officers or in public relations or media relations for golf related companies.
Associate Members will come from at least one of the following categories:
- Editor, Columnist, Feature Writer or Reporter for a newspaper, journal, magazine, TV show or Radio show where golf is part of your contribution amongst other sports
- Publishers of golf magazines, golf journals or golf newspapers published at least four times per year;
- Freelance golf travel writer;
- Freelance writers who contribute articles or columns on golf instruction, golf fitness, health & nutrition and other golf related topics;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for an international, national, provincial or regional golf association, golf tour or golf event;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for a golf equipment or golf apparel company;
- Employees or contract personnel involved in public relations, media relations or communications for other companies, associations or groups in the golf industry;
- Such other activities as the GJAC Board shall deem to be appropriate for Associate Membership.
The annual membership fee for an Associate Member is $75.
What do you get for your membership dues?
- Exclusive media offers and invites
- Access to a comprehensive membership list
- A Golf Canada membership (Click here for a list of membership benefits)
- Opportunity to play in the annual GJAC golf tournament
- Chance to win a variety of cash and equipment prizes in our annual Writing & Photography Awards competition
How to Pay:
To pay by E-transfer, please send to GJAC treasurer Grant Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who wish to still pay "the old fashioned way," please send a cheque payable to:
Golf Journalists Association of Canada (ATTN: Grant Fraser)
Glen Abbey Golf Club
1333 Dorval Drive
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Grant Fraser directly: email@example.com or call (905) 844-7666.